Employer Mini-Grant Program
36 Commuting Solutions is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity to foster the use of active transportation at workplaces along the U.S. 36 corridor. To expand its mission of enhancing mobility along the U.S. 36 corridor for today and the future, 36 Commuting Solutions will distribute up to $10,000 in 2013 for projects and programs which inspire workplace employees to utilize their travel options to driving solo.
To qualify for mini-grant funds, members must submit the Application for Mini-Grant Funds to 36 Commuting Solutions. The business must also be located within the US 36 corridor between Denver and Boulder. Award recipients will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria:
- Project idea addressing a need or issue impacting the physical environment
- Project idea that encourages the use of travel options to driving solo
- Project design that demonstrates a new and innovative approach to the need or issue
- How the project will improve the applicant’s workplace
- Willingness to present the completed project to the 36 Commuting Solutions coalition community during one of our membership meetings
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of the project or program to reduce Single Occupant Vehicle (SOV) travel
- Additional funding from the organization to add to any funding provided by 36 Commuting Solutions
- Originality! Creativity to address the unique needs of your workplace
Examples of projects which encourage commute options include: 1) Installing workplace bicycle parking or lockers, 2) Starting a bicycle-share program to encourage employees to bicycle to lunch or errands during the work day, or 3) Initiating an intra-office carpool or vanpool-matching system.
Members may submit multiple projects for review, however each member is only eligible to receive one grant. The maximum amount awarded for each grant is $1000.
If you are interested in applying for our exciting Employer Mini-Grant opportunity, please download the application form here. Then scan and email it to email@example.com or fax it to 303-223-2887