Workplace Ambassador Network
The purpose of the Workplace Ambassador Network (WAN) is to help employees along the US 36 corridor encourage coworkers to choose “green” transportation options such as carpooling, riding transit, bicycling, vanpooling, teleworking or walking.
The role of a Workplace Ambassador is unique for each organization. Depending on how your co-workers currently commute and the options available, different options will work better than others. We will work with you to understand which transportation options work best for your organization.
Workplace Ambassador Network: Meeting Schedule 2014
The Workplace Ambassador Network meets quarterly to share information about successful commute programs at a workplace level and upcoming US 36 projects.
- Wednesday, February 19
- Wednesday, April 23
- Wednesday, September 30
- Wednesday, November 19
What is a Workplace Ambassador?
A Workplace Ambassador is a company representative who promotes transportation options within their company. Workplace Ambassadors are most effective when they receive support from upper level management. This may include an annual budget for the WAN program, or the freedom to spend time outside their usual job to work on transportation-related projects
Objectives for a Workplace Ambassador
- Reduce the number of single occupancy vehicle trips
- Change employees’ attitudes about their travel choices
- Inspire employees to use sustainable commute options
- Set realistic goals for the workplace to measure effectiveness
Who Should Become a Workplace Ambassador?
A Workplace Ambassador can be found at any level or in any company department. What is most important is the ambassador’s interest to support balanced transportation, the ability to work with other employees and manage the elements of a worksite transportation program.
Services Provided to Workplace Ambassadors:
- Access to free commute options information and resources
- New employee packets
- Employee commute surveys
- Bus pass program assistance
- Establishment of ‘commute resources corner’ in your place of business
- Newsletter articles
- Intranet update
- Events such as transportation fairs or lunch-n-learns
- Carpool matching services
- Vanpool assistance
- Telework consultations
- Individual trip-planning assistance
To learn more about the functions and benefits of participation in the Workplace Ambassador Network:
Contact 303-604-4385 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a consultation meeting.